Board of Directors & Committees
2017 Board of Directors
- Jay Markwalter, Augusta CVB, President
- Rashelle Beasley, Albany CVB, Vice President
- Brett Huske, Dalton CVB, Secretary-Treasurer
- Jane Sowell, Milledgeville-Baldwin County CVB, Past President
- Jerry Brown, Alpine Helen-White County CVB, At-Large
- Tyra Howard, Valdosta CVB, At-Large
- Marcus Margerum, Atlanta CVB, At-Large
- Scott McQuade, Golden Isles CVB, At-Large
- Ellen Sims, Madison CVB, At-Large
- Cookie Smoak, Meet College Park, At-Large
- Katie Williams, CVB of Dunwoody, At-Large
- Ashley Woitena, Columbus CVB, At-Large
- Executive Committee
Budgeting, bylaws, policies & procedures, and annual staff review.
Welcomes new members, conducts first time attendee orientation, reviews member benefits, dues structure, and marketing efforts.
Proposes annual slate of officers and directors for approval by membership.
- Conference Oversight Committee
Works with GDEcD and industry representatives to manage the Governor’s Tourism Conference.
- Content Committee
Determines relevant content at Winter Meeting and Governor’s Tourism Conference, evaluates any other professional development opportunities.
- Scholarship Committee
Plans and solicits prizes for Silent Auction, determines annual scholarships, reviews applications.
- Benchmark of Excellence Certification Committee
Oversees BEC program, BEC application review and GACVB Resource Library
- Public Policy Committee
Develops the annual policy platform, participates in the annual Tourism Day at the Capitol event, evaluates legislative affairs, and works to solve specific issues for CVBs at the Capitol.
Click here for a full list of 2017 Committee Members